|Event||JAN 17-FEB 21||FEB 21-MAR 8|
|16K Classic Ski (Saturday)||CA$35.00||CA$40.00|
|12K Skate Ski (Saturday)||CA$35.00||CA$40.00|
|5K Classic Ski (Saturday)||CA$30.00||CA$35.00|
|16K Skate Ski (Sunday)||CA$35.00||CA$40.00|
|12K Classic Ski (Sunday)||CA$35.00||CA$40.00|
|5k Skate Ski (Sunday)||CA$30.00||CA$35.00|
PRE-RACE KIT PICKUP
Friday, March 8th
- Location:Jasper Source for Sports at 406 Patricia Street..tel. 780 852 3654.
- Time: 4:00pm- 8:00 p.m.
- You will pick up your bib and race kit!
Saturday & Sunday, March 9 & 10
- Location: Start Area Near Warming Tent - Athabasca Falls
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 10:55 am
- Sunday: 9:00am-9:55am
The events will start just west of the Athabasca Falls parking area. Please follow the directions of volunteers and course signage.
11:00am - 16K Classic Start
11:05am - 12k Skate Start
11:30am - 5k Classic Start
10:00am - 16K Skate Start
10:05am - 12k Classic Start
10:30am - 5k Skate Start
16k Classic & Skate Ski:
Athletes start at Athabasca Falls and head north along Leach Lake Trail to Whirlpool Hub. Return the same way to finish.
12k Classic & Skate Ski:
Athletes start at Athabasca Falls and head north along Leach Lake Trail to the turnaround at Leach Lake. Athletes return the same way and turn west again at the Athabasca River Snowshoe Trail. Turnaround at the Fryatt Trailhead and return to the finish.
5k Classic & Skate Ski:
Athletes start at Athabasca Falls and head north along Leach Lake Trail to the turnaround at the 2.5k mark. Athletes return the same way to the finish.
EVENT ELEVATION & ROUTE MAPS
Parking is available at Athabasca Falls. For participants on relay teams, Leg 2&3 can park at Whirlpool Hub. Note: It is the teams responsibility to be at their starting point.
- At temperatures of -20C (without the wind-chill), the events may be run at the Race Committee’s discretion, under a modified format (such as a shortened course or a modified start time). The Race Committee will consider the temperature trends, wind chill factors, and track conditions expected during the event before making their decision.
- At temperatures below -25C, the events will be cancelled.
- At any air temperature, any difficult weather conditions such as strong winds, high air humidity, heavy snow, or icy track conditions will result in the Race Committee consulting with the leaders of the participating teams to modify, postpone or cancel the competition.
- A decision to cancel may be made prior to race day based on the forecast or snow conditions, or it may be made on race day based on current weather conditions and the forecast. Event updates and/or the final decision will be posted on our website if possible; however, it is best to contact the organizing club for last minute event information.
Volunteers are needed: registration, aid station, family activities, lap sweeping and more. Contact us to view available volunteer shifts and to sign up.