The 8km SnowShoe Race
|EVENT||Dec 1 - Jan 3||Jan 4 - Feb 9||Feb 10-Feb 26|
|8k Snowshoe Race (Sunday)||CA$40.00||CA$45.00||CA$50.00|
PRE-RACE KIT PICKUP
Friday, February 26th
- Location:Jasper Source for Sports at 406 Patricia Street..tel. 780 852 3654.
- Time: 6:00pm- 8:00 p.m.
- You will pick up your bib and race kit!
Sunday, February 28th
- Location: Start Area Near Warming Tent - Athabasca Falls
- Time: 9:30 am – 10:35 am
The event will start just west of the Athabasca Falls parking area. Please follow the directions of volunteers and course signage.
10:40am - Race Start
Athletes start at Athabasca Falls and follow the Athabasca River Snowshoe Route. Volunteers and signage will be on course to assist.
EVENT ELEVATION MAP
Parking is available at Athabasca Falls.
- At temperatures of -20C (without the wind-chill), the events may be run at the Race Committee’s discretion, under a modified format (such as a shortened course or a modified start time). The Race Committee will consider the temperature trends, wind chill factors, and track conditions expected during the event before making their decision.
- At temperatures below -25C, the events will be cancelled.
- At any air temperature, any difficult weather conditions such as strong winds, high air humidity, heavy snow, or icy track conditions will result in the Race Committee consulting with the leaders of the participating teams to modify, postpone or cancel the competition.
- A decision to cancel may be made prior to race day based on the forecast or snow conditions, or it may be made on race day based on current weather conditions and the forecast. Event updates and/or the final decision will be posted on our website if possible; however, it is best to contact the organizing club for last minute event information.
Volunteers are needed: registration, aid station, family activities, lap sweeping and more. Contact us to view available volunteer shifts and to sign up.